Following the successful completion of the first phase of the BankEnergi project funded through PfER, the team is continuing to refine the BankEnergi concept.
Its main activities include:
- Gaining further insights into demand patterns and opportunities for flexibility from energy asset owners on London’s South Bank;
- Developing links with local network operators (DNOs) across the UK;
- Scoping the parameters for an end-to-end energy trading platform;
- Participating actively in industry initiatives, such as the Elexon P379 working group looking at how multiple suppliers could be serviced through a single electricity meter;
- Integrating heat networks further into the BankEnergi use cases, to optimise flexibility gains from heating and cooling;
- Learning from international experience in markets such as Norway and New Zealand;
- Strengthening the BankEnergi team by introducing new partners;
- Identifying public and private funding opportunities to facilitate further development work.